Monday, December 7, 2015

24 Bars in Aarhus - part 7

Studenterbaren


This means The Students Bar, and this an old bar on Aarhus University: The place hasn't changed much over the years, at least the way it looks

The bar has been there since I moved to Aarhus and probably since the 60s if not before. About 10 years ago the place got new managers and it was turned into a speciality beer bar, with focus on bottled beers. Beside that you see a lot of students playing board games and table football.

This is the hardest bar to find in Aarhus. It is hidden inside the basement of one of the University buildings, with no signs outside. 

Basically, if you don't know where this bar it is, you need to have someone to show you the directions to find it.

In the bar there is small selection of whiskies, about 10-15, most standard stuff, 12 year olds and 10 year olds and that kind of stuff. This place is interesting for it's beers. There is a huge selection of bottled beers, probably the largest in Aarhus.

They even have a special fridge, labeled the beer entusiasts fridge



When I saw there was beer from Pizza Port in this fridge I had to get one of those

Swami's IPA

This was canned in March, so not the frshest IPA. Still pretty good. I was participating on a pub quiz team, and one of the other team members had a Neck Oil Session IPA from Beavertown. I could smell the nice hops from across the table when he poured the beer. That was a fresh one. For my 2nd I decided to go for my favourite christmas beer, Winter in Bangalore from Amager Bryghus. Amager Bryghus is one of the best breweries in the world when it comes to hops, and this one is awesome

Winter in Bangalore

The music here is relaxed and nice. I am not sure if they still do food, if so it's just a toast

Would I recommend this place: Yes, it's one of the must see beer places in Aarhus

24 bars in Aarhus map is here





No comments:

Post a Comment