Tuesday, April 16, 2013

The state of whisky made in Denmark - part 8

Braunstein e:2
62.3%




First peated whisky bottled by Braunstein. This was sold as an empty bottle and a wooden box around the time the cask was filled and a certificate with the privilege of waiting 3 years for your whisky. The price was 2000 Dkr which is around 230£. You can still buy it for 5000 Dkr today!

Nose : Not much, faint sourness and a little peat. Cabbage - The more I dvelve into the nose the worse it gets

Palate: A little nuttyness. Not much peat. A light spirit, reminds me more of a solvent than whisky

Finish : a burn and more nuts

Well, the whisky is not as bad as the review reads

Rating 59/100

Comment : I don't think it's a good idea to predecide a cask to be bottled at a certain date when filled. Here is my suggestion on how to do things:

1. Fill cask

2. Monitor cask

3. Bottle when ready

But what do I know, I don't have a distillery


No comments:

Post a Comment